onsdag 29 oktober 2014

"as i write this letter, the ocean breeze feels cool on my skin. that very ocean is soon to be my grave. they tell me i will die a hero. that the safety and honor of my country will be the reward for my sacrifice. i pray they are right. my only regret in life is never telling you how i feel. i wish i were back home. i wish i were holding your hand. i wish i were telling you that i have loved you, and only you, since i was a boy. but i'm not. i see now that death is easy. it is love that is hard. as my plane dives, i will not see the face of my enemies. i will instead see your eyes, like black rocks frozen in rainwater. they tell us that we must scream "banzai" as we plunge into our target. i will instead whisper your name. and in death, as in life, i will remain forever yours."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

älska mig bara